Setting Goals within Your Values
Setting goals too often leads us into shame and self-doubt. I want to encourage you to possibly stop goal-setting for a moment and focus on what you care about. Start livable goals from a place of what you’re already doing, succeed from a place of plenty rather than wasting energy trying to leap from lack. We can help explore this by using the religious practices of Lent and dive into how Values never leave us.
Steps of Valued Living: (“Identifying Values” worksheet on Resources page)
- Identify an area of your life you’d typically set a goal based on lack or self-denial
- What Value is associated with that area?
- Select 2-5 other Values that come to mind, or are associated with, that initial Value.
- What are healthy behaviors to support that Value?
- Consider how others are supporting those same Values and how you may bring such behavior completely or in part, to your own life.
For more information on “Humanity’s Values,” check out the main page.
Your support is deeply appreciated and allows me to keep bringing you the content that you appreciate. Below you’ll find a button to set up a single or recurring donation through PayPal. Any amount is appreciated and ensures you’ll never hear advertisements.